Basil: - ocimum basilicum Chemotype: Methyl Chavicol Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Description: There are two types of basil. Spark Naturals uses the Mediterranean variety, also called true sweet basil. It contains higher percentages of the natural constituents, cineol and d-linalool. Basil is most commonly used in cooking. However, it is also a great aromatic and topical oil.
Properties: Antibacterial, diuretic, anti-Inflammatory, antiviral, decongestant, stimulant and mood enhancer
Historical Uses: Used extensively in traditional and asian medicine, basil leaves were inhaled to treat headaches such as migraines and also to alleviate chest infections.
Learn More - Click Links Below:
- Apply to temples to clear the mind, relieve mental fatigue and improve mental state
- Apply to bath or compress to relieve muscular or menstrual pains
- Use in massage blends to relieve fatigue
Blends well With: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Fennel, Ginger, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram and Neroli
Basil Essential Oil Application
- Can be used aromatically
- Can be consumed
- Can be used topically (Apply Neat)
- Apply to temples to clear the mind, relieve mental fatigue and improve mental state.
- Apply to bath or compress to relieve muscular or menstrual pains.
- Use in massage blends to relieve fatigue.
- Diffuse to relieve stres.
- Add a drop to your favorite recipe.